Having clean and glowing skin is every woman’s dream. In addition to dewy skin which was already popular earlier, the trend of facial beauty in women is now increasing with the presence of glass skin . What is glass skin and what maintenance steps do you need to take to get it?
What is glass skin ?
Glass skin is a term to describe skin that is very smooth, such as without pores, tight, and glowing so that it looks almost clear and transparent and looks like glass. This skin beauty trend was first introduced from South Korea. Now, this trend has mushroomed in various parts of the world, including Indonesia.
Just like dewy skin, the key to achieving glass clear skin is skin that is very moisturised, looks very young, and is also healthy. However, unlike dewy skin, glass skin accentuates smoothness on the skin as well as highly hydrated skin.
Care steps for getting glass skin
There is no instant and fast way to get a glass skin. You need to take a variety of consistent and routine skin care steps to get it. Then, what are the maintenance steps that need to be done? Here are some tips, as South Korean women do, for you:
1. Eliminate breakout or damage to the skin
The main key to getting glass skin, which is smooth skin. For this reason, if you have breakouts or damage to the skin, such as acne-prone skin, acne scars, blistered skin, and others, you need to remove these conditions to get smooth skin.
The American Acedemy of Dermatology says that acne can occur in anyone because it is caused by dead skin cells or bacteria that cause inflammation. In addition to using acne medication from a doctor, you can use natural ways to treat acne , such as tea tree oil , baking soda and honey. However, keep in mind, not all of these methods work for everyone and not all pimples can disappear instantly.
2. Use skin care regularly and regularly
The second key to getting glass-clear skin is to regularly and regularly use skin care products or skin care in the morning and at night. Here are the steps for using skin care that you can do to get glass skin.
- Clean facial skin with double cleansing technique , which is to clean the face twice. First, clean your face with oil-based ingredients or micellar water , then rinse or wash with a face wash soap.
- Exfoliate two or three times a week to remove dead skin cells, minimize skin pores so that the skin doesn’t look dull. Use a scrub or exfoliating toner that contains AHA or BHA which is beneficial for the skin .
- Use a hydrating toner to maximize cleansing as well as soften the skin.
- Use essence and serum to treat your skin problems, such as skin spots, aging, and provide moisture.
- Don’t forget to use a moisturizer or moisturizer on your face so that your skin is even more moisturised.
- You can also occasionally use sheet masks or natural masks for the face that are useful for soothing the skin, repairing damaged skin, and moisturizing the skin.
3. Use sunscreen
Don’t forget to use sunscreen or sunscreen when you are out of the house to get a glass skin . Sunscreen will protect you from the dangers of UV rays for skin health. Use a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 for maximum protection.
4. Drink plenty of water
In addition to direct care of the skin, you also need to drink more water. Water is beneficial for your health, including your skin. By drinking lots of water, you will avoid dehydration of the skin so that it can become softer and smoother. Apart from plain water, consuming foods that contain lots of water, such as cucumbers, melons, and tomatoes are also highly recommended.
5. Healthy lifestyle
You also need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to support skin care, in order to get glass skin, such as not smoking, exercising regularly, and eating nutritious foods.